Back

The Casamaures

Historic site and monument ( Historic patrimony / Sun dial / House / Engineering structure )

Description

La Casamaures: a historical monument of golden grey and ultramarine
In the 19th century, a fort of dreams was built, between the Route imperiale and the River Isère. Its roots were plunged into the foothills of Saint-Martin-le-Vinoux. And this palatial, four-storey lookout, with its exotic gardens, grew to be a focal point nestling in the mountainous massifs twixt the massifs of Chartreuse and Vercors.
This unusual artistic adventure began in 1855 when a couple from Grenoble bought the piece of land known as “La Guinguette”.

La Casamaures, le premier monument en « OR GRIS », un orient alpin.
Aux fortifications de Grenoble, Joseph Jullien dit Cochard, achète en 1855 un terrain longeant la rivière Isère. Un petit palais néo-mauresque fut édifié sur 4 niveaux sur les contreforts de la Bastille par un couple de grenoblois.
Cette ruine fut rachetée en 1981.
Le ministère de la culture l’a classée Monument historique en 1986 pour son style orientaliste et l’innovation du ciment moulé pour ses façades de colonnade et moulures d’arabesques rehaussées de bleu d’outremer.

Bus lines 3 and 33 stop Petite Esplanade
A48 exit Bastille

Facilities

  •  Parking

Business information

Informations

  • Maximun capacity 50 person (s)
  • Equipped meeting rooms quantity1

Services

  •   Chair
  •   Screen
  •   Table
  •   Concert/events
  •   Family Reception/drinks reception
  •   Seminar/meeting

Meetings rooms

Orangerie

Salle de l'Orangerie 80m2, parvis de 150m2 plus les jardins environ 1000m2. Bénéficiant du cadre du monument historique. Salle voûtée. Proximité du tram E ( à 100m ) arrêt Casamaures-Village.


Capacity
50 person(s)
Area
80 m2
Height
4 m
Natural light
Yes


Disposition
Theatre style
50 places
Cocktail
50 places

Location

Contact

Address

Orangerie

Les jardins de l'ORANGERIE

38950 Saint-Martin-le-Vinoux

Itinerary